- Featured: Mysteries
- Movie Matinees
- Coventry Crafters
Movie Matinees for adults start at noon in our meeting room. Joan Evers, historian for the Wildey Theatre, will be here to share interesting stories and anecdotes about the films. Bring a brown bag lunch, and we’ll provide drinks and popcorn. Check with the Library for movie titles; we can’t publish them due to the licensing agreement.
Thursday, June 11
- James Stewart stars as a pit-orchestra trombone player who works to become a successful big band leader. June Allyson co-stars in this film with a supporting cast of many famous musicians of the era.
Thursday, July 9
- A struggling composer takes a job as a high school music teacher, where he finds that his students have little interest in his lessons. He devotes his life to reaching his students and his deaf son through the power of music.
Thursday, August 13
- Set during the 1850s in Oregon, this film features unconventional and lively choreography that turned mundane frontier activities like chopping wood into dance numbers. American Film Institute hailed this as one of best American musical films ever made.
Deep Dish Movie Club for adults meets at 6:30 p.m. in our meeting room. Resident film buff, David Rigsbey, will share some of his encyclopedic film knowledge before each screening. Pizza and drinks will be provided. Check with the library for movie titles.
Wednesday, June 17
- Ridley Scott tries his hand at high fantasy in this 1985 film starring Tom Cruise as a young man who must rescue a princess and the last unicorn from the Lord of Darkness.
Wednesday, July 15
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt stars in this hardboiled detective story disguised as a California high school drama. The film is heavily influenced by Dashiell Hammett novels and film noir.
Wednesday, August 19
- Burt Lancaster’s protagonist crashes a series of pool parties as he ‘swims’ his way home in this 1968 film. His past quickly catches up to him during his encounters with his neighbors and owners of these pools.
Enjoy crafts, snacks, and conversation! Bring your portable craft (needlework, quilting, scrapbooking, knitting, etc.)
We offer both daytime (Friday) and evening (Monday) sessions in our large meeting room on the lower level. The full schedule for 2015 can be found here.