- Featured: Biographies
- Movie Matinees
- Coventry Crafters
Movie Matinees for adults start at noon in our meeting room. Joan Evers, historian for the Wildey Theatre, will be here to share interesting stories and anecdotes about the films. Bring a brown bag lunch, and we’ll provide drinks and popcorn. Check with the Library for movie titles; we can’t publish them due to the licensing agreement.
Monday, January 12
- An elderly WWII veteran hears his estranged brother has suffered a stroke. With poor eyesight and no driving license, he hops on his John Deere Lawn Tractor to make the 240 mile trek to see his ailing brother.
Monday, February 9
- Reprising his role as a surly marshal, John Wayne shares the screen with Katharine Hepburn, who plays a missionary seeking to avenge her father’s death.
Monday, March 9
- Baseball meets vaudeville in this 1949 film starring Frank Sinatra and Gene Kelly. The two find themselves falling in love with their team’s new owner, played by Esther Williams.
Monday, April 13
- Debbie Reynolds sings and dances in this rags to riches story about a famous Titanic survivor.
Monday, May 11
- In this classic Hitchock thriller, Cary Grant stars as an ad executive mistaken for a federal agent, leading international spies on a cross-country chase.
Enjoy crafts, snacks, and conversation! Bring your portable craft (needlework, quilting, scrapbooking, knitting, etc.)
We offer both daytime (Friday) and evening (Monday) sessions in our large meeting room on the lower level. The full schedule for 2015 can be found here.